cfd slowing the access to my site

This forum is only for reproducible bugs with csf and lfd (i.e. not iptables problems, lack of understanding how to use a feature, etc). Posts must be accompanied with full technical details of the problem and how it can be recreated. Any posts not adhering to this, or not considered bugs, will be moved to the General Discussion (csf) forum.
erick_p

cfd slowing the access to my site

Post by erick_p »

Is it only me or are people beginning to have some trouble with cfd? I have three dedicated hosting servers (US, Hong Kong, Japan) and all of them only recently started having the slowness. My friends have sent me traceroutes from their machines, and I have used traceroute.org to test it myself -- the problem is always with the last hop. From my bandwidth provider to my own server. Then, just to confirm, on each of these three servers, I disabled the cfd and lfd and voila, the site speeds were back in swing. Any idea what I may be missing, or what I can tweak? My security score per the cfd test is 75/77, and here're my platform details:

WHM 10.8.0 cPanel 10.9.0-R10737
CentOS 4.5 i686 - WHM X v3.1.0

Thanks for any ideas!!
Serversphere

Post by Serversphere »

Think you probably mean csf here, not cfd? What is the server's load while csf is running? Paste some results from top or ps auxf here so we can see what's running on the server. Also do you have a high volume site? Might be you need to tweak httpd.
chirpy

Post by chirpy »

It's also entirely possible that iptables will slow down network traffic on heavily loaded servers. This can happen if you have too many chains in your iptables rules, e.g. by having too many ip's in the allow or deny lists.