Christmas Holiday

We will be closing our Store, Sales and Helpdesk from 17:30 Wednesday, 23rd December 2020 to 09:00 Monday, 4th January 2021. No orders, support requests or sales emails will be processed between those dates.

If you purchase a license or Service Package before the closing date and require installation, please be sure to leave at least 24 hours before then for the work to be done. Otherwise, any work will be scheduled for after this period.

cpanel v78.0.18

Discuss our MailScanner install script and MailScanner itself
schmerold

cpanel v78.0.18

Post by schmerold »

Anyone else seeing MailScanner / Exim going into an endless loop upon upgrading cPanel to v78.0.18 ?
schmerold

Re: cpanel v78.0.18

Post by schmerold »

I realized that by disabling Exim & MailScanner the server would stop spewing emails long enough for me to delete everything in the mail queues using ConfigServer Mail Queues - cmq, Exim & MailScanner are back on-line, things appear back to normal -- but I'll need to keep a vigilant eye on things for a few hours. It's an odd coincidence that within minutes of upgrading from 78.0.17 to 78.0.18 Exim/MailScanner found themselves in an endless loop, but it may be unrelated.
schmerold

Re: cpanel v78.0.18

Post by schmerold »

Our mail was down again this morning. Something is up.
This time, I found I had to rename /var/spool/MailScanner/quarantine as it was filled with 84,162 files.

Anyone know the best way to inject these into MailScanner a few at a time so we can get these messages delivered? I suspect 90% of these messages are going to be duplicates, so I'll have to deal with that separately.