csf features additions

deviancelabs

csf features additions

Post by deviancelabs »

Hi,

First of all I'd like to thank you for releasing such a wonderful piece of freeware; when I first used it, it just blew me - all those apf+bfd limitations are now finally solved through this neat software. It's just great!

But I'd still like to see a couple of more features which I'm sure a lot of the more advanced users will appreciate them. And I don't think they are hard to implement:

1. Ability to filter connections based on owner/group id - I see you already use the "owner" module for the SMTP_BLOCK feature, so adding some code to inspect 2 more files like "csf.owner_allow" and "csf.owner_deny" should be pretty straight forward.
I'd surely like to see this in a future release as there are some applications outthere that use random source and destination ports and allowing them to initiate connections is practically impossible at the moment.

2. A new config file (csf.user_rules) that should contain user defined iptables rules - I'd like to have a file where I'd put my own rules but still benefit from csf's powerful setup. Basically the file would look like this:

Code: Select all

table,chain,line_number,iptable_command_here
or something like that. I think the fields are pretty self-explainatory.

These are my some suggestions and I hope they will provide useful in the future to more users, not just me.

Keep up the good work!
Mihai
maverick

Where do I find the SMTP_BLOCK setting?

Post by maverick »

In WHM > Security > Tweaks I see a "SMTP Tweak"... is this the same thing?

Thanks in advance.
louisg1

add custom ports at install

Post by louisg1 »

i would like to see a feature that when csf scans for running ports you can specify which ports you want open.

Also needed webmin port auto configured on install