spam@domain.com?

Discuss the ConfigServer MailScanner Front-End script
MediaServe

spam@domain.com?

Post by MediaServe »

I am assuming (hoping) that the option to forward spam to spam at domain dot com really means forward to spam at realhosteddomain, i.e. that a hosting customer who is hosting thisisnotarealdomain dot com can create a spam at thisisnotarealdomain dot com mailbox, choose the option to forward to spam at domain dot com, and then messages detected as spam by MailScanner will be forwarded to spam at thisisnotarealdomain dot com rather than literally to spam at domain dot com?

Just want to be sure.
Sarah

Re: spam@domain.com?

Post by Sarah »

Yes, that's correct. The mailbox does have to be created manually. If you go into the cPanel MailScanner Front-End for an account you will see "Forward to spam@[actualdomain} as one of the drop down list options for Low Scoring Spam and High Scoring Spam. All mail for the listed domain will be forwarded to that mailbox. You can also configure a different email address to forward spam to, under "Other Settings" in the cPanel MS front-end, and that email address will then also appear in the drop-down lists.
MediaServe

Re: spam@domain.com?

Post by MediaServe »

Thanks for the confirmation! I was using a client's cpanel who has several add-on domains, and it appears that if that is the case you do see spam at domain dot com in the "Change All Domain Settings" section, rather than a specific domain, but below in the "Change Individual Domain Settings" section you do see actual domains in those options. If there is only one domain, you see the actual domain in the option in "Change All Domain Settings" and of course there is no "Change Individual Domain Settings" section.

So it was just a matter of me looking at a multi-domain cpanel, seeing that value and being curious about it. Figured I'd follow up here in case anyone else can benefit from the info.

I'm liking this setup so far, and a couple clients have reported it's doing a much, much better job than the standard cpanel spam assassin setup. After a few more days of testing I'll be ordering a bunch more licenses for the rest of our servers.