lfd Possible Bug

This forum is only for reproducible bugs with csf and lfd (i.e. not iptables problems, lack of understanding how to use a feature, etc). Posts must be accompanied with full technical details of the problem and how it can be recreated. Any posts not adhering to this, or not considered bugs, will be moved to the General Discussion (csf) forum.
boxfan

lfd Possible Bug

Post by boxfan »

I have a PHP script that uses mail() to send out shipping confirmations to customers whose order shipped. Typically there are anywhere from 250 - 350 emails sent each day. After each mailing I receive an lfd: Script Alert email and in the email the line that says

Count: 101 emails sent

always has 101 as the number of emails sent no matter how many emails were actually sent out.

Not sure if this is a bug or lfd just stops counting at 101?

Thanks
chirpy

Post by chirpy »

It keeps counting. It works by counting up to the limit and then sends out the alert email. The counter is then set back to 0. It will be triggered again when the limit is again reached. So, if the limit is 100 and 300 emals are sent you'll get 3 emails each stating that 100 emails had been sent. This stops your inbox getting flooded with alerts.