MAILCONTROL user button for black/whitelist ip/domain.

Discuss the ConfigServer MailScanner Front-End script
Sergio

MAILCONTROL user button for black/whitelist ip/domain.

Post by Sergio »

Hi Sarah and Jonathan,
Happy New Year 2023!!

Wishing both of you and your families a great 2023.

In MAILCONTROL,
Could it be possible to include a button to add an email address/domain to the Email black/whitelist settings of the user?
Could it be possible to add the IP column? Also, it will be great to add the IP to the black/whitelist settings of the user as well.

Sarah, Could it be possible to have a separate forum for MailControl? It will be great.

Sergio
Sarah

Re: MAILCONTROL user button for black/whitelist ip/domain.

Post by Sarah »

Thanks, Sergio, Happy New Year to you and your family too.

I will pass along your suggestions to Jonathan for the possibility of future development. I understand the desire for whitelist/blacklist buttons for email, domain and IP address, but can you elaborate on why you think having the IP column in the mailcontrol listing for users would be useful? It seems that the vast majority of users would probably not have a need for that information excpt for whitelisting/blacklisting which would be on the individual email display.

I'm not sure there is enough of a need for a separate MailControl forum. It is an integral part of the MailScanner Front-End so it seems logical to include it in the MailScanner Front-End forum. We'll consider it, though. :)

Cheers,
Sarah
Sergio

Re: MAILCONTROL user button for black/whitelist ip/domain.

Post by Sergio »

Thank you, Sarah.

About the end-user MailControl features I mentioned, that will help the end-user with one click to white/blacklist on their own cPanel; similar to what we do in the main MailControl.

I think it is very useful for the end user to white/blacklist from there instead of copying the information and then manually adding it to the white/black configuration or asking us to do it for them.

About having an IP column, it is very useful to sort the IP to know which IP is more spammy and proceed to blacklist it or if a client customer is blacklisted for whatever reason, the client can white list it in there.

Both of these things will help us, not have to do it ourselves every time a customer contacts us to do it for him, which is the main reason I am requesting this feature.

Cheers,
Sergio