Some Clean Messages are not delivered and send to Quarantine/ nonspam

Discuss the ConfigServer MailScanner Front-End script
Malagana

Some Clean Messages are not delivered and send to Quarantine/ nonspam

Post by Malagana »

I had a few clients complaining about messages not delivered to their inbox, I had checked the Mailscanner FE list, and even when the messages are there marked as clean dont reach the mail user inbox, but if I search the quarantine folder the message ID I found that the messages are in the quarantine/nonspam directory.

Why if the email are clean are not delivered to the user inbox and instead send to quarantine/nonspam? :(

And how I can change this behavior? :confused:

The script Mailscanner Front End is running on Directadmin with the defaults settings.

Any advice will be appreciated.
Sergio

Re: Some Clean Messages are not delivered and send to Quarantine/ nonspam

Post by Sergio »

Besides MailScanner,
Do you have a DMARC record created on the domain?
If so, check what DMARC settings are set. May be the "quarantine" option is turned on.

This could be one of the reasons why they are delivered to quarantine.
Sarah

Re: Some Clean Messages are not delivered and send to Quarantine/ nonspam

Post by Sarah »

Do you have Store Messages enabled in MailScanner? If this is enabled, a copy of all messages will be saved in the Quarantine nonspam folder, and this would not mean there is a problem with MailScanner. I suggest that you look at your exim log to find out whether some filter has deleted those emails. See this knowledgebase article for some ideas and instructions: https://support.configserver.com/en/kno ... nt-to-them