virus.scanning.rules will revert

Discuss the ConfigServer MailScanner Front-End script
xantec365

virus.scanning.rules will revert

Post by xantec365 »

i got changed this file /usr/mailscanner/etc/rules/virus.scanning.rules. sometime, it will revert to previous value. any idea to fix this issue?
i need to prevent incoming/outgoing virus scanning for some sender address. Can directly do in virus.scanning.rules?
Sarah

Re: virus.scanning.rules will revert

Post by Sarah »

If you are using our MSFE, you usually should not directly edit the standard rules files including virus.scanning.rules. You should change the settings via the MSFE instead, to enable or disable virus scanning for domains. The rules files are updated by the MSFE back-end scripts to keep them in line with the setings in the front-end.
xantec365

Post by xantec365 »

thanks for replying.

i want to enable virus scanning for all domain. But want to stop to scan virus for specific sender email (From:).

So i add below line into virus.scanning.rules

abc.com need to skip virus scanning. Other sender will not skip. Such setting cannot be done in MSFE. Any idea to do it?
Sarah

Post by Sarah »

I'm not sure of any way to do it. You might try experimenting with the LOCATION of your line in the file and see if that makes any difference. I.e., put it at the very top, vs right above the default line, etc.