HELP!! CSF+LFD and Zabbix will not play nicely together!

cautery

HELP!! CSF+LFD and Zabbix will not play nicely together!

Post by cautery »

NEW Linux Accuwebhosting Cloud Server.

Accuweb now uses Zabbix in their server templates to monitor newer servers for UP/SOWN and who all knows.

I REQUIRE CSF to be on ALL my servers and that it be RUNNING and configured properly.

Accuweb Support says they cannot "telnet into" or get the Zabbix "signal" from zabbix-agent to their monitor server when my CSF is installed.

I UNINSTALLED and REINSTALLED CSF and re-configured it to make SURE I did not enable anything that MIGHT even interfere with zabbix-agent communicating back to the "mother ship".

Accuweb claims that "ALL" they need is to have Port 10050 OPEN.... But they could not/would not/otherwise did not ever response to my inquiry as to WHERE it needed to be open.... IP4, IP6, TCP IN, TCP OUT, etc, et al. ad nauseum.

SO, just to diagnose, I added BOTH Ports 10050 and 10051 to BOTH IP4 AND IP6, AND BOTH TCP IN, and TCP OUT. WELL in excess of their request and the documented minimum requirements as I interpret them.

Additionally, I have added the IPv4 address of their monitoring server to BOTH csf.allow AND csf.ignore at their request.

Further, I have REMOVED the 1200+ PERMANENT IP bans that I have accumulated from various IP addresses and ranges of addresses (temporarily) from csf.deny for good measure.

They suggested that I could uninstall my firewall entirely, or leave it disabled, and/or for some reason "disable SSH "at my convenience".

BOTTOM LINE: I am frustrated, angry, and at a loss as to what more I can do.

Anyone have any experience with similar issues or have any ideas how I might proceed? I have re-enabled my firewall, as my server gets attacked several hundred times a day, and I OWE it to the folks I host/support to do all I can to protect them.

BIG DONATION to ConfigServer folks on its way if I can fix this!!!

cautery

Re: HELP!! CSF+LFD and Zabbix will not play nicely together!

Post by cautery »

Disregard this thread/topic.

I was JUST informed by Accuwebhosting Support that Zabbix is NOW working "perfectly". And I have my ConfigServer running full speed.
I DO have other questions, but I can handle those later in separate threads.

Thanks!
Faizanmazhar00

Re: HELP!! CSF+LFD and Zabbix will not play nicely together!

Post by Faizanmazhar00 »

cautery wrote: 02 Feb 2022, 19:09 NEW Linux Accuwebhosting Cloud Server.

Accuweb now uses Zabbix in their server templates to monitor newer servers for UP/SOWN and who all knows.

I REQUIRE CSF to be on ALL my servers and that it be RUNNING and configured properly.

Accuweb Support says they cannot "telnet into" or get the Zabbix "signal" from zabbix-agent to their monitor server when my CSF is installed.

I UNINSTALLED and REINSTALLED CSF and re-configured it to make SURE I did not enable anything that MIGHT even interfere with zabbix-agent communicating back to the "mother ship".

Accuweb claims that "ALL" they need is to have Port 10050 OPEN.... But they could not/would not/otherwise did not ever response to my inquiry as to WHERE it needed to be open.... IP4, IP6, TCP IN, TCP OUT, etc, et al. ad nauseum.

SO, just to diagnose, I added BOTH Ports 10050 and 10051 to BOTH IP4 AND IP6, AND BOTH TCP IN, and TCP OUT. WELL in excess of their request and the documented minimum requirements as I interpret them.

Additionally, I have added the IPv4 address of their monitoring server to BOTH csf.allow AND csf.ignore at their request.

Further, I have REMOVED the 1200+ PERMANENT IP bans that I have accumulated from various IP addresses and ranges of addresses (temporarily) from csf.deny for good measure.

They suggested that I could uninstall my firewall entirely, or leave it disabled, and/or for some reason "disable SSH "at my convenience".

BOTTOM LINE: I am frustrated, angry, and at a loss as to what more I can do.

Anyone have any experience with similar issues or have any ideas how I might proceed? I have re-enabled my firewall, as my server gets attacked several hundred times a day, and I OWE it to the folks I host/support to do all I can to protect them.

BIG DONATION to ConfigServer folks on its way if I can fix this!!!

I was JUST informed by Accuwebhosting Support that Zabbix is NOW working "perfectly". And I have my ConfigServer running full speed.
I DO have other questions, but I can handle those later in separate threads.

Thanks!