UI error on clean install v14.07 on Webmin with Ubuntu 18.04

This forum is only for reproducible bugs with csf and lfd (i.e. not iptables problems, lack of understanding how to use a feature, etc). Posts must be accompanied with full technical details of the problem and how it can be recreated. Any posts not adhering to this, or not considered bugs, will be moved to the General Discussion (csf) forum.
Ilia

UI error on clean install v14.07 on Webmin with Ubuntu 18.04

Post by Ilia »

Hi,

It seems that after installing CSF (using install.sh) script and then installing as Webmin module from

Code: Select all

/usr/local/csf/csfwebmin.tgz
the link to

Code: Select all

csfimages
is broken. The target (/usr/local/csf/lib/webmin/csf/images) NEVER there, and thus UI looks broken - no stylesheets are loaded, no images (errors are well seen in browser's console). It seems that generic install.sh script isn't copying things correctly?

I assume it's because of those images directory is placed accidentally under csfinstalldir/interworx/images and not being found during install.

Anyway, please give it a closer look. It might break many installations. (default Webmin theme does CSF styling on its own but older themes suffer way more).
Ilia

Re: UI error on clean install v14.07 on Webmin with Ubuntu 18.04

Post by Ilia »

I am on Webmin/Virtualmin dev team - can I commit the right change for Webmin users, which would install the module automatically as well?

It would be right first to check, if Webmin even installed.

Do you have a code repo?
ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin »

There is no repo as csf is released under a commercial license, not open source.

The issue of the missing images directory and contents should now be resolved in the just released v14.08:
https://blog.configserver.com/
Ilia

Post by Ilia »

Thank you!