MESSENGER V3 not working for me.

Sergio

MESSENGER V3 not working for me.

Post by Sergio »

Hi, Chirpy.

I have tried the MESSENGER V3 and it is not working on my server.

I have done the following:
1. Created SITEKEY and SECRETKEY V3 at recaptcha google for my server.
2. Set V2 to 0
3. Set V3 to 1
4. Changed SITEKEY and SECRETKEY from V2 to V3.
5. Restarted CSF.
6. Created a temporary IP BLOCK.
7. Tested a web site and the RECAPTCHA showed on, tried the UNBLOCK and then tried to access the site but the block continued, waited a few minutes after clicked on the UNBLOCK button and same happens.
8. Returned to the OLD V2 with V2 keys and everything is working as normal.

I also tried to use the old V2 SITEKEY and SECRETKEY with Messenger V3 but with the same results.

May I am missing something?

Sergio
ForumAdmin

Re: MESSENGER V3 not working for me.

Post by ForumAdmin »

If you set DEBUG = "1" in /etc/csf/csf.conf and then restart csf and then lfd, a log should be created in /var/log/lfd_messenger.log

Go through the procedure for unblocking and check that file for messages, and also check /var/log/lfd.log for messages.
Sergio

Post by Sergio »

Thank you, Jonathan.
I did everything you suggested and found a few things:

1. V3 is actually working, but to work it has to use RECAPTCHA_SECRET and RECAPTCHA_SITEKEY V2, if I use RECAPTCHAs V3 it shows an error.
2. Using V3 with KEYCAPTCHAs V2, the IP is unblocked but the MESSENGER page never changes and continues to show the option to UNBLOCK.

Is there something I am missing for that page to change and not show the RECAPTCHA again after the IP has been unblocked?

Sergio
ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin »

We have not done any testing with Google Recaptcha v3, only v2. With regards to the page change, this can happen if you do not have a copy of the latest code. To get it you would need to remove the file in /etc/csf/messenger/ and the messenger users public_html, then force a csf update (csf -u).

Edit: Checking up on Recaptcha v3, that will not work as it would require recoding.
Sergio

Post by Sergio »

Thanks a lot for the input.

I started from scratch, this time knowing that Messenger V3 has nothing to do with Google reCaptcha V3, so, using the V2 keys with Messenger V3 everything is working now.

Sergio
honesting

Post by honesting »

ForumAdmin i tried your solution but csf -u doesn't update anything as I already had the latest version. Is there any option to update anyway? Thank you.