Internal Server Error after cPanel upgrade to 11.24

Discuss the ConfigServer MailScanner Front-End script
rld0210

Internal Server Error after cPanel upgrade to 11.24

Post by rld0210 »

I'm getting an Internal Server Error when I try to access MailScanner FE. Here is the message in the error log:
Undefined subroutine &main:wcheckos called at /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/cgi/addon_mailscanner.cgi line 22.
Premature end of script headers: /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/cgi/addon_mailscanner.cgi: Please check <b> / usr / local / cpanel / logs / error_log </b> for the exact error.Internal Error: "GET /cgi/addon_mailscanner.cgi HTTP/1.1" Premature end of script headers: /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/cgi/addon_mailscanner.cgi: Please check <b> / usr / local / cpanel / logs / error_log </b> for the exact error.
sh: line 0: export: `=': not a valid identifier
sh: line 0: export: `/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin': not a valid identifier
sh: line 0: export: `/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin': not a valid identifier
There's a similar problem with Mail Queues, but CSF and MailManage are fine.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Sarah

Post by Sarah »

This has been discussed in other threads, such as this one. You need to reinstall cmq and msfe:

# CMQ:
rm -fv cmq.tgz
wget http://www.configserver.com/free/cmq.tgz
tar -xzf cmq.tgz
cd cmq
sh install.sh

# MSFE:
wget http://www.configserver.com/free/msfeinstaller.tgz
tar -xzf msfeinstaller.tgz
perl msfeinstaller.pl

Regards,
Sarah
goddess_dix

thanks!

Post by goddess_dix »

thanks for the SSH commands. makes my life a lot easier. :D
rld0210

Post by rld0210 »

Thank you. I had looked around a bit but not found that thread. Sorry to bother...

I will attempt the upgrade shortly.

Is there some way to make the upgrades happen automatically? Sometimes a week or so will go by that I don't log into my server, and I'm often behind in the upgrades.
Sarah

Post by Sarah »

There's no way to automate the MSFE upgrades (you can set csf to auto-upgrade) but if you subscribe to our blog you will be notified of all updates.
Wysard

Where to look?

Post by Wysard »

I'm getting the following error and presume it's what this thread is about.

Internal Server Error

Premature end of script headers: /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/cgi/addon_mailscanner.cgi: Please check / usr / local / cpanel / logs / error_log for the exact error.

I have no error log at that path so I have no further information. Where are the scripts located (what path?) that need to be updated?

Thanks
Sarah

Post by Sarah »

You will find the instructions for upgrading the MailScanner front-end in my post earlier in this thread.
wzd

After cPanel upgrade lots of problems

Post by wzd »

Hi All,

Recently here but we've had ConfigServer install all their scripts on all of our servers.
We are experiencing very similar problems to the Premature end of script errors.

What fixed ours was installing the "Template" perl module and runnning a /scripts/checkperlmodules :)

Mailscanner is still "Stopped" though and even an attempted re-install has failed to start up the mailscanner service.

exim -bpc shows over 5000 emails in queue

Anyone experience similar above? :(
Sarah

Post by Sarah »

I suspect that your problems with MailScanner have nothing to do with the front-end script. Have you gone through all the suggestions in this FAQ? What are you seeing in the maillog?

http://www.configserver.com/techfaq/index.php?faqid=14

Regards,
Sarah
wzd

Post by wzd »

Hi Sarah,

Thanks for prompt reply. cPanel informed me they have been getting a few of these errors with certain server configurations after 1.24. With their assistance:

I've managed to fix matters by doing the following:

1) Installing "Template" Perl Module
2) Running /scripts/checkperlmodules
3) I then saw that i was getting Resource limits not adjusted errors in maillog and error log files and if ound that perl 5.8.5 overwrote the cPanel perl 5.8.8 at /usr/bin/perl. We replaced /usr/bin/perl with the cPanel perl 5.8.8

4) A force Mailscanner and MSFE re-install then fixed Mailscanner

5) Other plugins such as CMM and CMQ and Configserver Firewall CSF are working fine now as well without reinstall needed.

--- Took quite a while to get through the mail queues but it's all working now.
I hope the above will help someone in a similar predicament

For Google:

Internal Server Error

Premature end of script headers: /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/cgi/live_upcp.cgi: Please check / usr / local / cpanel / logs / error_log for the exact error.

[root@############]# ./restartsrv_exim
info [restartsrv_exim] BSD::Resource not available. Resource Limits not adjusted
Starting exim: [ OK ]
Starting exim-outgoing: [ OK ]
Starting exim-smtps: [ OK ]
info [restartsrv_spamd] BSD::Resource not available. Resource Limits not adjusted

This error is also echoed in /usr/local/cpanel/logs/error_log