cPanel File Manager and Mailscanner

Discuss the ConfigServer MailScanner Front-End script
cleonard

cPanel File Manager and Mailscanner

Post by cleonard »

ConfigServer installed the complete package on my CentOS 5 VPS a couple months ago. Love your service. I have an issue now where a customer will utilize the Legacy File Manager in cpanel to upload a file and it indicates that it cannot because it has detected a virus.

I've scanned the file and it it clean. I've tried several things and the cpanel guys seem to point to you and haven't really found a permanent fix.

What I have found solves the issue is to go to MSFE and Force Mailscanner Update the issue disappears (until 5 days later when this customer who doesn't use ftp, tries to upload another file.)

Any ideas at all? I'm tired of fighting this battle.

Thanks so much

Chris
Sarah

Post by Sarah »

I'm not sure where you get the connection between cPanel's file manager and MailScanner. MailScanner does not scan files on upload, either through cPanel file manager or FTP. And if you have mailscanner installed, then you can't have clamavconnector installed in cPanel, so I have no idea what is scanning the file and reporting a virus. Have you been able to reproduce the problem yourself? What exactly is the virus report message that is being given?
cleonard

Post by cleonard »

See Sarah, I knew you could help me!!

"you can't have clamavconnector installed in cPanel"

Duh, I'm know you all didn't have it on during your install so I'm thinking my VPS provider flipped it on when I was having problems with a service failing shortly after installation.

Thank you so much!!