Mailscanner keeps failing after last night's cpanel (release) updates.

Discuss our MailScanner install script and MailScanner itself
curriertech

Mailscanner keeps failing after last night's cpanel (release) updates.

Post by curriertech »

I'm bumping it down to stable right now to see if that helps. I restarted all services and it keeps on failing, and I get a 500 error when I try to access any of the configserver scripts from WHM too. Yay cPanel! :D

I'll post back with my results when the downgrade is complete.
Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Have you run MailScanner in debug mode? We have seen problems with the IO perl module with a recent CentOS update. You just need to manually upgrade IO using /scripts/perlinstaller.

The 500 errors is probably completely unrelated. We have not seen this issue on our server running R25133.

Regards,
Sarah
curriertech

Post by curriertech »

Downgrading fixed it. Mailscanner is running stable and I can get into all the other CS scripts again.
curriertech

Post by curriertech »

Sarah wrote:Have you run MailScanner in debug mode? We have seen problems with the IO perl module with a recent CentOS update. You just need to manually upgrade IO using /scripts/perlinstaller.

The 500 errors is probably completely unrelated. We have not seen this issue on our server running R25133.

Regards,
Sarah
I'll try that and upgrade to Release again, to see if it takes care of the issue, thanks!

EDIT: I take that back, I'm just going to leave it on Stable. :)
ckh

Post by ckh »

I was having problems with one server after an upgrade, phpmyadmin wouldn't work for users although it did in whm, all of the configserver scripts were getting errors.

Reinstalled perl and the problems went away.

Thought it was isolated then it happened on another server all of a sudden.

My first indication was an email about an error in the hourly cron, module DBD::mysql.pm wasn't found or something close to that.
jobe

Post by jobe »

Hi - I'm getting much the same, although phpmyadmin works. I get the following for all the following:

# ConfigServer Mail Manage
Premature end of script headers: /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/cgi/addon_cmm.cgi: Please
# ConfigServer Mail Queues
Premature end of script headers: /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/cgi/addon_cmq.cgi: Please
# ConfigServer Explorer
Premature end of script headers: /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/cgi/addon_cse.cgi: Please
# ConfigServer Security&Firewall
Premature end of script headers: /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/cgi/addon_csf.cgi: Please
# ConfigServer MailScanner FE
Premature end of script headers: /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/cgi/addon_mailscanner.cgi:
Mod security
Premature end of script headers: /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/cgi/addon_modsec.cgi: Plea

Any ideas on how to fix this?

According to my hosts it needed a perl fix - all whm plugins were up but the mailscanner was still down so I upgraded & all seems fine now.
nabuhonodozor

Post by nabuhonodozor »

Same situation here, Force MS reinstallation fix it. Earlier today had issues with perl which had been downgraded by cpanel "upgrade"....

[Edited] - problem persist - MS shows "stopped" BUT this time it scan messages and I can use MailWatch. Few minutes ago Ive upgrade cPanel to Current (WHM 11.23.2 cPanel 11.23.3-C25461) and Mailscanner start to work again.
[Update] - OK, after last upgrade everything work flawlessly.

best regards,
Piotr
curriertech

Post by curriertech »

My problems persist as well. I may bring the server to current to see if it fixes it.
Snowman

Post by Snowman »

check to make sure that perl hasnt magically downgraded

we found out of about 70 servers around half of them majically downgraded from perl 5.8.8 to 5.8.0 which broke CSF and mailscanner among other things...
Snowman

Post by Snowman »

nabuhonodozor wrote:Same situation here, Force MS reinstallation fix it. Earlier today had issues with perl which had been downgraded by cpanel "upgrade"....

[Edited] - problem persist - MS shows "stopped" BUT this time it scan messages and I can use MailWatch. Few minutes ago Ive upgrade cPanel to Current (WHM 11.23.2 cPanel 11.23.3-C25461) and Mailscanner start to work again.

best regards,
Piotr
we have noticed that some servers will say the mailscanner process is stopped in the MSFE status link but mail does seem to be flowing...