MailScanner/Fedora 8/Port25 Question

Discuss our MailScanner install script and MailScanner itself
necomputerservice

MailScanner/Fedora 8/Port25 Question

Post by necomputerservice »

Hi all,

I have been looking for a forum that discusses MailScanner, and I hope I've found it. If I'm posting incorrectly please advise.

While I'm not an expert, I am very very familiar with Fedora so beat me up where needed.

I have installed MailScanner on Fedora 8. I'm having a difficult time with getting an incoming connection to port 25. Mail scanner works fine on all outgoing email. But incoming connections aren't being accepted. The port is wide open on the firewall but I cannot telnet to 25 while MailScanner is running.

If I perform a GRC.com port scan it shows port 25 closed while MailScanner is running. Dropping the firewall makes no difference. If I stop MailScanner and simply start sendmail, then the connection to port 25 works correctly and is shown as OPEN in the GRC.com port scan.

Is there some configuration step I've missed to allow MailScanner to listen on my external NIC?

Thanks in advance.
Sarah

Post by Sarah »

This forum is specifically for cPanel servers running MailScanner as installed via our install script. Since your server is not running cPanel, you should post your question to the MailScanner mailing list:

http://lists.mailscanner.info/mailman/l ... ailscanner

Regards,
Sarah