Where does csf keep the list of blocked emails that are associated with IP address

ZaCherry

Where does csf keep the list of blocked emails that are associated with IP address

Post by ZaCherry »

Hi all,
Where does csf keep the list of blocked emails that are associated with IP address?
I remember on one of my previous csf installations I had the ability to see blocked emails and from which IP addresses these emails tried to connect but now I can't find it on this new server.
ZaCherry

Re: Where does csf keep the list of blocked emails that are associated with IP address

Post by ZaCherry »

The logs I am checking - none of these show the exact email addresses that causes csf blocks but only general IP address and time of block:

The log files that CSF and LFD use are the following:

/var/log/lfd.log:
The log contains any failed login attempts, as well as IP addresses that have been blocked by CSF.

/etc/csf/csf.deny:
Contains lists of IP addresses that have been blocked. For each entry, it shows the date the IP address was blocked and the reason.

/etc/csf/csf.allow:
Contains lists of IP addresses that have been whitelisted.

So there is another locaton with an log file that keeps the emails that caused blocks from a certain IP address?
Last edited by ZaCherry on 24 Apr 2024, 16:58, edited 1 time in total.
Sergio

Re: Where does csf keep the list of blocked emails that are associated with IP address

Post by Sergio »

You can check:
/var/log/exim_rejectlog

Sergio