One computer on the local network blocked, but not others

GoWilkes

One computer on the local network blocked, but not others

Post by GoWilkes »

I'm having a really hard issue to figure out.

I have 2 computers on my local network. Several times now, one of the computers is unable to access several of the sites on my server, but the other can access them just fine! I confirmed that both have the same IP address, no VPN or anything.

If I disable CSF, both computers can access the sites with no problem.

I used "Search for IP address", and the results were:

Code: Select all

Table  Chain            num   pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source               destination         

filter ALLOWIN          279    561  109K ACCEPT     all  --  !lo    *       172.58.0.0/16        0.0.0.0/0

filter ALLOWOUT         201    638  512K ACCEPT     all  --  *      !lo     0.0.0.0/0            172.58.0.0/16

filter CC_ALLOWF        11435     0     0 RETURN     all  --  *      *       172.32.0.0/11        0.0.0.0/0

Permanent Allows (csf.allow): 172.58.0.0/16
What's REALLY weird is that the sites on my server that go through Cloudflare will come up just fine! It's the ones that aren't going through Cloudflare that are being blocked.

Any suggestions?
Sergio

Re: One computer on the local network blocked, but not others

Post by Sergio »

Hi.
One way to find what is bloking that computer is to check log files searching for computer name not by the IP, give it a try.

Sergio
GoWilkes

Post by GoWilkes »

By "computer name", do you mean the name she gave it under Windows Properties? I tried searching all of the logs in CSF for that under "Search System Logs" but didn't find anything.
Sergio

Post by Sergio »

Yes, in her computer go to:
settings -> system -> about
if it has not been changed by her, it should appear something like per example: DESKTOP-03TITAJ
and that name is what you could search for in all /usr/local/cpanel/logs/ files, hope that will give you a hint on where is the issue.