alert.txt emails not being sent/arriving

Dizasta

alert.txt emails not being sent/arriving

Post by Dizasta »

Hi guys,

We have configured the alert template (/usr/local/csf/tpl/alert.txt) on multiple servers to send email to a particular email account

This has been working fine for a number of years.

All of a sudden on one server it no longer works. We are puzzled as to why this would be the case.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Sasha
Last edited by Dizasta on 29 Oct 2023, 20:56, edited 1 time in total.
Dizasta

Re: alert.txt emails not arriving

Post by Dizasta »

I have also tried setting the address to a gmail address and still no messages.

I have searched the mail logs and no entries exist at all for the server not working yet I see logs full of entries on the functioning server.

It is as though it is not even attempting a send
Sergio

Re: alert.txt emails not arriving

Post by Sergio »

Dizasta wrote: 26 Oct 2023, 11:21 . . .
We have configured the alert template (/usr/local/csf/tpl/alert.txt) on multiple servers to send email to a particular email account

This has been working fine for a number of years.

All of a sudden on one server it no longer works. We are puzzled as to why this would be the case.
. . .
If you know the server IP from where the email should come, try to check if the IP is not blocked by CSF or cPHulk on the server that should receive the email. Also, do it backwards, I mean check on both servers if the IPs from each other are not blocked.

Sergio
Dizasta

Re: alert.txt emails not being sent/arriving

Post by Dizasta »

Thats the first thing that I checked.
The servers are in a whitelist (I have two that arent working and one that is)
All other server emails are arriving fine ie lfd monitor emails, backup emails, bandwidth messages, new accounts etc etc

Its just the csf ones that arent even leaving. As I mentioned I checked the mail server logs and I dont even see an outging message.

I have also set the alert.txt to the default root address to see if that works still nothing

I have tried copying the config from the working server to the non working one/s and still nothing.

It would be a great help if we could get this to work the way it is meant to and the way it has worked for years

Thanks
alexf

Re: alert.txt emails not being sent/arriving

Post by alexf »

Check the file ownership, group, and permissions for all of the /usr/local/csf/tpl/*.txt files. Mine on CentOS are owner: root, group: root, permissions: 600. It is possible that with incorrect settings on the alert.txt file that CSF cannot generate the email.

Run the /etc/csf/csftest.pl python test program and check its output. This will show you if there is something missing or misconfigured on your server that will hinder CSF/LFD from operating as intended.

Check your Configserver configuration, SMTP Settings section for changes or inconsistencies.