MailScanner MailControl

Discuss the ConfigServer MailScanner Front-End script
chrisnpg

MailScanner MailControl

Post by chrisnpg »

If this has been posted, I apologize. I did search and look around for my answer.

Anyways, Mailscanner is setup with cPanel and under "ConfigServer Mailscanner FE" in the "MailControl" area where you can see all the emails that has been processed, how can I control how many is kept in the database?
I have went into "Mailcontrol Settings" and changed the "Keep x days of MailControl Database entries (0=disable)" to one day. Restarted Mailscanner and also the system has been booted a few times without any change of how many entries are listed. I currently have 19,134 and growing. I've even set it to 0 to disable with no change.
Can someone direct me to the file that needs to be changed manually I guess? Or point out what I might be doing wrong if anything.
Sarah

Re: MailScanner MailControl

Post by Sarah »

This setting should take effect overnight when the back-end scripts run. Have you waited until the next day and checked then? If so, and the number of entries in MailControl is still more days than it should be (bearing in mind that if you set it to 1 day, there still may be up to nearly 2 days of entries in MailControl), please log a ticket on the helpdesk so we can help.
https://support.configserver.com/
chrisnpg

Post by chrisnpg »

Yes I have waited. In fact there is still the test emails from when MailScanner was installed.
With that said, should I open a ticket with you?
Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Yes, feel free to submit a ticket on the helpdesk and we'll try to help.