csf SMTP_ALLOWGROUP doesn't seem to work

drewell

csf SMTP_ALLOWGROUP doesn't seem to work

Post by drewell »

Hi there,

Just wondering if anyone's run into this, I can't find anything directly relevant in the search at least.

We use the SMTP_BLOCK option by default with our whm server and allow exceptions for some users. We had quite a few users listed under SMTP_ALLOWUSER and I thought it may be easier to set up groups and simply put the groups in SMTP_ALLOWGROUP instead of having a disorganized list of users. I created the groups, assigned the users into the groups via the command line (as a secondary group) and then updated the field in CSF and removed the individual users from the allowuser list, saved and restarted csf+lfd. Now it doesn't seem to be allowing the users inside those groups to bypass the block.

I can test by using the root user via command line to impersonate one of the users inside these groups and using telnet to try and reach an external smtp server and it fails, but it works as root. The smtp ports we have configured are 25,26,465,587 if that matters. Perhaps this is not how the groups are intended on being used, but it seems like we should technically be able to do this. Anyway, just curious if anyone has any suggestions or is this some sort of bug in CSF? Thanks in advance for any help!