Stop Mailscanner tagging on intermal (domains hosted in the same server) emails.

Discuss the ConfigServer MailScanner Front-End script
techtempus

Stop Mailscanner tagging on intermal (domains hosted in the same server) emails.

Post by techtempus »

Hi,

My ConfigServer MailScanner Front-End tags ({spam}, {disarmed}, etc) tons of internal emails; by "internal" I mean domains that are hosted in the same server and sometimes also from the same domain! (from me@domain.com to other@domain.com being "domain.com" hosted in my own server).

I've whitelisted my ip's buts still doesnt work. Is there any solution available?

Thanks in advance!
techtempus

Re: Stop Mailscanner tagging on intermal (domains hosted in the same server) emails.

Post by techtempus »

Updated and still waiting for response.

Thanks.
Sarah

Re: Stop Mailscanner tagging on intermal (domains hosted in the same server) emails.

Post by Sarah »

The only effect whitelisting will have is that the email will not be scanned for spam. It will still be scanned for dangerous file attachments and dangerous content (the {Disarmed} tag).

Stopping MS from tagging "internal" email is not simple to do. I think you would have to create a ruleset for several configuration settings in the MailScanner configuration under the "Changes to the Subject: line" section, such as "Disarmed Modify Subject". Read the information in that section, and then read /usr/mailscanner/etc/rules/README and /usr/mailscanner/etc/rules/EXAMPLES for information on how to create rules files for various types of settings.

FYI, Mailscanner will always scan "internal" email because it is considered incoming email.
techtempus

Post by techtempus »

Thank you for the answer!