CSF Messenger, DirectAdmin and CentOS 8

This forum is only for reproducible bugs with csf and lfd (i.e. not iptables problems, lack of understanding how to use a feature, etc). Posts must be accompanied with full technical details of the problem and how it can be recreated. Any posts not adhering to this, or not considered bugs, will be moved to the General Discussion (csf) forum.
ditto

CSF Messenger, DirectAdmin and CentOS 8

Post by ditto »

I was able to get CSF Messenger working correct on a CentOS 7 VPS, also captcha is working with unblocking.

Then I performed the same steps on a dedicated server with CentOS 8, but I am not able to get it working on that server no matter what I try.

Is CSF Messenger compatible with CentOS 8?

Another thing is that the readme file mention Messenger v1, but if I want to try v1 instead of v2, how can I do that? I have not found any setting for it.
ForumAdmin

Re: CSF Messenger, DirectAdmin and CentOS 8

Post by ForumAdmin »

This should now be fixed in csf v14.01:
https://blog.configserver.com
ditto

Post by ditto »

I posted the bugs in replies in this thread. I also posted a patch. Then you fix it in new version, and you then deleted all my replies with the patch and bug info. That is not nice of you.
ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin »

That code you posted was a hack and would have created further major issues. The problem was not in that part of the code and the solution was wrong.