cPanel update fails after MSFE Update

Discuss the ConfigServer MailScanner Front-End script
FourMat

cPanel update fails after MSFE Update

Post by FourMat »

I recently updated MSFE to the latest version - v8.06 and now I'm getting a cPanel update failure:

W Exit Code: 3
[2017-05-17 08:22:09 -0400] ***** FATAL: Test install failed: error: Failed dependencies:
[2017-05-17 08:22:09 -0400] cpanel-clamav conflicts with ms-clamav-0.98.5-1.el6.x86_64
E Running `/usr/local/cpanel/scripts/updatenow --upcp --log=/var/cpanel/updatelogs/update.1495023522.log --force` failed, exited with code 1 (signal = 0)

MailScanner - v5.0.2 installed
ConfigServer MailScanner Script - v3.15 installed and up to date
MailScanner Front-End - v8.06 installed and up to date
cPanel 64.0.20

I'm not sure if MSFE has anything to do with the dependencies, or if this was just a coincidence. I think there had been conflicts between MS and ClamAv installations in the past, but I'm not sure what to do about it. How can I clear this error and allow updates? Thanks.

Matt
dvk01

Re: cPanel update fails after MSFE Update

Post by dvk01 »

that is probably because MSFE uses ClamAv connector and falls over with the full clam av installed

best to uninstall the full ClamAv & use the cpnel ClamAv connector from within msfe
FourMat

Post by FourMat »

CSS installed MSFE for me and configured the system originally, so I'm not sure how ClamAv is interconnected with cPanel and or MSFE. Can someone from CSS address this?
Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Looks like someone installed clamav from an rpm at some point, which we certainly would not have done. You need to uninstall the ms-clamav rpm and then install clamavconnector via WHM.
FourMat

Post by FourMat »

OK, I've dug in a little deeper. I have always had Configserver do the installation and configuration of my servers..
I enter a yum list into the CL and I found only this entry for any clamav installation

ms-clamav.x86_64 0.98.5-1.el6 @configserver

It appears that it was installed by config server as I have always been hesitant to touch anything having to do with MS, and no other person works on this server.

If I use yum to uninstall ms-clamav, then I would force a cPanel update. Would that install the new ClamAV connector, or do I need to do another step and install the ClamAV through the Manage Plugins? Will MailScanner pick up on the new ClamAV installation?

I'm just asking specific questions so that I can minimize any potential downtime on this server. Thanks.
Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Sorry, I had completely forgotten that we did briefly provide our own clamav rpm, Wow, that was back in early 2015, so it looks like you haven't updated for quite a while. You will need to uninstall the rpm first:

Code: Select all

rpm -e ms-clamav
Then do a Force MSFE Update in the WHM ConfigServer MailScanner FE, and that should install clamavconnector.

Regards,
Sarah
FourMat

Post by FourMat »

I tried the command and this is the result:

Code: Select all

error reading information on service clamd: No such file or directory
error: %preun(ms-clamav-0.98.5-1.el6.x86_64) scriptlet failed, exit status 1
Any advice?
Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Please submit a ticket on the helpdesk so we can help you.
https://support.configserver.com/