Make Weekly scan only report on problems (shorter report)?

Community forum to discuss cxs.
If you believe that there is a problem with your cxs installation and want support then, as a paid product, you should use the helpdesk after having consulted the documentation.
sneader

Make Weekly scan only report on problems (shorter report)?

Post by sneader »

With a few hundred accounts on the server, the weekly scan report from CXS is gigantic and difficult to read. In fact, in GMail, only about 1/4 of the report is displayed (the rest is truncated)

Much of the report shows accounts that have had no suspicious files or any matches of any kinds. i.e. the accounts are perfectly fine.

Is there a way to have the weekly report only send me a list of problems that I need to investigate? i.e. old scripts, quarantined files, suspicious files, etc.? This should greatly shorten the report and make it much more useful to us.

Thanks!!

- Scott
ForumAdmin

Re: Make Weekly scan only report on problems (shorter report)?

Post by ForumAdmin »

Make sure you use --nosummary and accounts with no hits will not be shown when using --mail
sneader

Post by sneader »

Thanks for the quick help!!

Here is our current weekly cron:

Code: Select all

/usr/sbin/cxs --report /root/scan.log --www --mail root --virusscan --voptions fmMhexT --quarantine /home/quarantine --qoptions Mv --ignore /etc/cxs/cxs.ignore --options OLfmMChexdDZRP --all
The docs state for --[no]summary:
If you want to disable summary statistics then use --nosummary. Doing so will also force cxs to only report accounts with suspicious files when using the --allusers and --mail [email] options. However, --report [file] will still display a full report.
Since my current cron starts with --report, will my --nosummary have any effect? Or do I need to remove --report? Sorry for all the questions!

- Scott
ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin »

It will still write details for all accounts into --report [file], but will not include those in the details sent to --mail [email]
sneader

Post by sneader »

Super! I will give it a try. THANK YOU very much!!

- Scott