Cron jobs not running, cpanel people say it is due to CSF

maestroc

Cron jobs not running, cpanel people say it is due to CSF

Post by maestroc »

The cron jobs on all accounts other than root have stopped working on my VPS. The cpanel people say it is due to the change made to CSF back in February...

I understand that this change would prevent the log being written (if I am understanding it correctly) but would this change also prevent other users from executing their crons completely? In some cases it seems to be filtering certain things through. For example, a simple test script that they uploaded successfully ran every minute, but when running my WHMCS daily update cron jobs they don't go through at all no matter how I set them up. So this cron worked:

* * * * * date >> /home/straight/crontest

While the others do not:

* * * * * php -q /home/straxxxx/public_html/whmcs/pipe/pop.php
0 0 * * * php -q /home/straxxxx/public_html/whmcs/admin/cron.php

The thing is they were all working fine until about three weeks ago and the change to CSF was made in February which makes me thing it is not due to CSF... Any ideas? Is this related to the CSF change and if so what do I need to do to get them working again? If it is not related to CSF anyone know what might be going on?
ForumAdmin

Re: Cron jobs not running, cpanel people say it is due to CS

Post by ForumAdmin »

The issue with csf is if RESTRICT_SYSLOG is set to "3" then cron job logging to /var/log/cron will be prevented for none-whitelisted accounts. The setting will in no way interfere with the cron jobs actually running.