Quick deny section input on 6.35

This forum is only for reproducible bugs with csf and lfd (i.e. not iptables problems, lack of understanding how to use a feature, etc). Posts must be accompanied with full technical details of the problem and how it can be recreated. Any posts not adhering to this, or not considered bugs, will be moved to the General Discussion (csf) forum.
P4D-830

Quick deny section input on 6.35

Post by P4D-830 »

Hi,
it seams that i found a little cosmetic bug in CSF 6.35 ...
i.e. i want to copy/paste an IP from one of the log files (in the CSF "Watch System Logs" section - i drop it to "Pause" before) directly in the "Quick Deny" input line box - if i do so, it shows me ever this : "ConfigServer Security & Firewall - csf v6.35 [(xx.xxx.81.115 ] is not a valid IP/CIDR" error.
You can see here the unwanted "(" in front of the IP.

Btw. if i use the input box without any digits or chars and i press only enter there it shows this "Allowing ... [] is not a valid IP/CIDR ...Done". That is correct. And on all other input line boxes it works as it should - i.e. only the IP was shown and inserted/used.

cu
ForumAdmin

Re: Quick deny section input on 6.35

Post by ForumAdmin »

That is because you are pasting in a trailing space. The ( is simply in the output and isn't being included with the input (which we'll address) but doesn't actually affect the issue of the space that you've included.