CSF cannot be restarted

This forum is only for reproducible bugs with csf and lfd (i.e. not iptables problems, lack of understanding how to use a feature, etc). Posts must be accompanied with full technical details of the problem and how it can be recreated. Any posts not adhering to this, or not considered bugs, will be moved to the General Discussion (csf) forum.
puppet

CSF cannot be restarted

Post by puppet »

Hi, I have a server with CSF running about one year. Recently, I found the CSF is not running. I am able to start my iptables, but get the following error when restart CSF. Any idea? Thanks.
Undefined subroutine &Time::HiRes::sleep called at /etc/csf/csf*pl(this is not URL) line 3161, line 2.
iptables: Unknown error 4294967295
CONNLIMIT tcp opt -- in !lo out * 0.0.0.0/0 -> 0.0.0.0/0 tcp dpt:25 flags:0x17/0x02 #conn/32 > 20
kalevalaP

Re: CSF cannot be restarted

Post by kalevalaP »

I'm getting exact same error after last version upgrade.
ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin »

That would suggest a problem with your perl installation as that module is part of the base install since at least perl v5.8.8. You need to ensure that the perl module Time::HiRes is installed correctly and/or install it from cpan.org
puppet

Post by puppet »

ForumAdmin wrote:That would suggest a problem with your perl installation as that module is part of the base install since at least perl v5.8.8. You need to ensure that the perl module Time::HiRes is installed correctly and/or install it from cpan-org
The Time::HiRes was installed on the server, it is the latest version: 1.9725
The problem happens recently on some servers, but all other servers are ok.

Source: fastest CPAN mirror ... Time::HiRes is up to date. (1.9725)
puppet

Post by puppet »

kalevalaP wrote:I'm getting exact same error after last version upgrade.
I found that it might be related to my Linux Kernel. The server with Kernel 2.6.18-128 has this problem, newer than this version are ok. I am going to update the kernel to see if it can fix the problem.
ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin »

If you're on a cPanel server, then you should try the following to force a reinstall if it isn't working:

Code: Select all

/scripts/perlinstaller --force Time::HiRes
puppet

Post by puppet »

ForumAdmin wrote:If you're on a cPanel server, then you should try the following to force a reinstall if it isn't working:

Code: Select all

/scripts/perlinstaller --force Time::HiRes
Thanks. I had tried this but still get the same error.

Undefined subroutine &Time::HiRes::sleep called at etc/csf/csf.pl line 3161, line 2.
iptables: Unknown error 4294967295
CONNLIMIT tcp opt -- in !lo out * 0.0.0.0/0 -> 0.0.0.0/0 tcp dpt:25 flags:0x17/0x02 #conn/32 > 20
ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin »

I can only guess that it's an issue with your use of the CONNLIMIT option, then. Try setting that to "" in csf.conf and then restarting.
puppet

Post by puppet »

After remove the CONNLIMIT, I can start the CSF now. I have the same settings in other servers and they are ok.
Thanks.
kalevalaP

Post by kalevalaP »

in my case only this particular server had the problem, is a vps with the new cpanel/whm interface.

All versions are correctly installed of perl and Time::HiRes

What workled for me was connecting by SSH and run on console the command csf -s to start it and started and ran wihout problems.

Didn't try anymore in the gui to see if error remians. Will only be able to do that in few days.

Forgot to mention is a xen vps