Misconfigured Firewall

hazhayder

Misconfigured Firewall

Post by hazhayder »

Hello, i am new to linux i recently installed CSF on my server and i dont know what bad i configured after that i am not able to install any plugin through wordpress plugin directory it says couldn't connect to host
also copy function not working cannot copy anything from remote server using pHP.
When firewall is disabled everything works perfect
Thanks
Sergio

Re: Misconfigured Firewall

Post by Sergio »

If you are new to Linux, it would be better to ask ConfigServer to set the FireWall for you, as they will install everything as it should be, just my 2 cents.
hazhayder

Post by hazhayder »

Thanks Sergio for reply.
Its been almost 2 years that i am using Linux but this time i dont know what wrong i configured due to which i am not even able to fix this.
Sergio

Post by Sergio »

hazhayder, try cleaning all the IPs that has been blocked by CSF using the button FLUSH ALL BLOCKS and then try to install again the plugins on your WordPress. If your installation doesn't go thru then check what IPs was blocked, on the blocked line it will tell what caused the block.

Also, try to check if you need to open a port for your WordPress to connect to WordPress server, maybe WordPress needs to use the SSL port (usually 443) and you have that port closed.

In any case, you can tail -f the /var/log/message and see what is happening when you try to install the plugin, that will help you.