CC_DENY using Country Codes

JimboManiac

CC_DENY using Country Codes

Post by JimboManiac »

Good day, been quite some time since I have had to post and so long, I know my username, but every email I tried, did not work...and no way to retrieve it.

This is just one thing I have problem-issue-question about?

1) new VPS WHM latest and CentOS 6x64 and I have created a single new account.

2) I had been getting hack attempts shown in WHM in other WHM reports, even though I added the CC_DENY country codes

3) I added every single one

AF,AL,DZ,AS,AD,AO,AI,AQ,AG,AR,AM,AW,AU,AT,AZ,BS,BH,BD,BB,BY,BE,BZ,BJ,BM,BT,BO,BA,BW,BV,BR,IO,BN,BG,BF,BI,KH,CM,CA,CV,KY,CF,TD,CL,CN,CX,CC,CO,KM,CG,CD,CK,CR,CI,HR,CU,CY,CZ,DK,DJ,DM,DO,TP,EC,EG,SV,GQ,ER,EE,ET,FK,FO,FJ,FI,FR,FX,GF,PF,TF,GA,GM,GE,DE,GH,GI,GR,GL,GD,GP,GU,GT,GN,GW,GY,HT,HM,VA,HN,HK,HU,IS,IN,ID,IR,IQ,IE,IL,IT,JM,JP,JO,KZ,KE,KI,KP,KR,KW,KG,LA,LV,LB,LS,LR,LY,LI,LT,LU,MO,MK,MG,MW,MY,MV,ML,MT,MH,MQ,MR,MU,YT,MX,FM,MD,MC,MN,MS,MA,MZ,MM,NA,NR,NP,NL,AN,NC,NZ,NI,NE,NG,NU,NF,MP,NO,OM,PK,PW,PA,PG,PY,PE,PH,PN,PL,PT,PR,QA,RE,RO,RU,RW,KN,LC,VC,WS,SM,ST,SA,SN,SC,SL,SG,SK,SI,SB,SO,ZA,GS,ES,LK,SH,PM,SD,SR,SJ,SZ,SE,CH,SY,TW,TJ,TZ,TH,TG,TK,TO,TT,TN,TR,TM,TC,TV,UG,UA,AE,GB,US,UM,UY,UZ,VU,VE,VN,VG,VI,WF,EH,YE,ZM,ZW

4) I was able to see a site, but I had my IP in ALLOW

5) How come someone n New York can?

As well as since i have upgraded to cpanel's latests in 4 vps's, copy account from another server with password and username is not working, and I have been bouncing back and forth with them for weeks now over it. anyone else have that issue?

thanks, jim
marcele

Re: CC_DENY using Country Codes

Post by marcele »

You can't use CC_DENY like that. Every country list has thousands of iptables rules. Its likely that adding that many countries will cause iptables to be non-functional. I would recommend if you are going to use the CC_DENY that you enable ipset support (If your VPS supports it). Also I would recommend only using up to 10 countries.
addictofcsf

Post by addictofcsf »

I have the same issue. Were you able to overcome this issue Jimbo ? IPSet doesn't work for me.
JimboManiac wrote:Good day, been quite some time since I have had to post and so long, I know my username, but every email I tried, did not work...and no way to retrieve it.
ferdi2000

Post by ferdi2000 »

The load on your server must be really high. I would advise against using it at all.