CSF Locking Server Out

ctwiz

CSF Locking Server Out

Post by ctwiz »

Hi there,

I have used CSF for a number of years and never had an issue with it. All of a suden I have lost ALL access to the server. Thankfully it is running as a VPS and I can reboot it and its fine for approx 10 mins then locks again.

The ONLY way to fix this is to disable CSF and then the server is fine.

I have tried getting support but got told to ask her so I am kindly asking for some advice on how to fix this as I don't want my server unprotected.

It is running WHM 11.48.0 (build 12) and CSF v7.62

This has been happening since 4pm 18th Feb 2015 and has NEVER happened before. NOTHING has been changed on the server. It is odd that if I goto the VMware manager I can login to whm from the Windows server on the same subnet. Enabling CSF blocks all access :(

SSH / EMAIL / WEB / cPANEL

Please can someone point me in the right direction ?
keat63

Re: CSF Locking Server Out

Post by keat63 »

Have you tried adding your IP address or IP range to the CSF allow list.
Also within WHM is your IP or IP range in CPHULK whitelist & Host Access Control.
ctwiz

Post by ctwiz »

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I can access the server from the VPS host (VMware) but not from any computer outside the subnet of the server. If I turn off CSF everything works fine.

This has only happened recentley with NO change :(

Thanks
Steve
keat63

Post by keat63 »

Check "Deny server Ip's" button and then flush all blocks ?

When you say nothing has changed on the server.
11.48.12 was only released on the 16th, when was your update performed ?
ctwiz

Post by ctwiz »

Hi,

Thanks again for the reply. The update was done on the same day I would suggest as per update preferences. Perhaps there is something in the update that CSF does not like or vice versa ?

My other server running DNS-ONLY does not have the issue at all. However, this is on an older version of WHM.

Thanks