Unable to update /etc/csf/messenger/index.html

happydog

Unable to update /etc/csf/messenger/index.html

Post by happydog »

My changes to /etc/csf/messenger/index.html are not being reflected. I have restarted LFD and CSF multiple times to flush the file from the cache, even deleted my own browser cache, but it still is not displaying the new version. Any clues?

Thanks!
Greg
ForumAdmin

Re: Unable to update /etc/csf/messenger/index.html

Post by ForumAdmin »

It should simply be a matter of modifying that file and then running:

Code: Select all

service lfd restart
lfd reads in the contents of /etc/csf/messenger/index.html when it starts. Remember that this is for html access only, for text access you would also need to modify /etc/csf/messenger/index.text
happydog

Post by happydog »

Thanks for the reply but I had already tried restarting lfd, both from within the gui and using 'service lfd restart'. The original index.html file is still displaying. I am at a loss on this one.
ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin »

To avoid browser or transparent proxy caching, you can try different URLs, e.g.:

http://www.someotherdomain.com:8888
or
http://11.22.33.44:8888

Where the domain and/or IP address are for your server and the port the one you configured for HTML port.
happydog

Post by happydog »

Thank you for another reply, I really appreciate it. This time I tried the server IP, and then several other domains that are on the server with the port number and still got the old page. Will I need to reboot the server to correct this? I was trying to avoid that as it is a very busy production server.

Thanks,
Greg
ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin »

Rebooting should make no difference as lfd gets the data to send from the file. I just tested it by simply adding XXXX to the bottom of /etc/csf/messenger/index.html and then restarting lfd and it worked fine, so do not know what to suggest.
happydog

Post by happydog »

Thanks. I appreciate your help. As a test I deleted the file entirely at /etc/csf/messenger/index.html, then restarted lfd (service lfd restart) and the old index file STILL displays. I then tried accessing it in two other browsers that have never accessed the page to eliminate the possibility of browser caching and still the old page appears. I'm pretty sure my ISP is not caching pages either. Oh well, looks like a dead end. Thanks anyway.

Greg
happydog

Post by happydog »

It's interesting too that /etc/csf/messenger/index.text is also not displaying the updated version. I guess I've run out of solutions.
UWH-David

Post by UWH-David »

This has been an ongoing issue for a while now. I still encounter it from time to time even after restarting lfd and using a new private window in FireFox and a new domain name on the server.