Please use the following links to add to the black list:

cornish

Please use the following links to add to the black list:

Post by cornish »

Hi now and then i get an email saying Please use the following links to add to the black list: and says single IP then 24 and 16 can someone tell me where to add them please.
Sergio

Re: Please use the following links to add to the black list:

Post by Sergio »

That depends on what you want to do, you can add it to QUICK DENY or TEMPORARILY ACCESS/DENY buttons, or you can add them to your own CSF GLOBAL DENY file.

What IP address to use, again, depends on what you want to do, single IP address, /24 range or /16 range. /24 is used in most cases but /16 is more aggressive.

If the ban is going to be permanent, I will suggest that you add them to your CSF GLOBAL DENY file.

Sergio
cornish

Post by cornish »

Hi thanks very much for the help and info.
Sarah

Post by Sarah »

cornish wrote:Hi now and then i get an email saying Please use the following links to add to the black list: and says single IP then 24 and 16 can someone tell me where to add them please.
FYI this email is NOT coming from csf, it is probably from cphulk. If you are using both it can get confusing when someone is blocked and you don't know which one is blocking them.
Sergio

Post by Sergio »

Sarah wrote:
cornish wrote:Hi now and then i get an email saying Please use the following links to add to the black list: and says single IP then 24 and 16 can someone tell me where to add them please.
FYI this email is NOT coming from csf, it is probably from cphulk. If you are using both it can get confusing when someone is blocked and you don't know which one is blocking them.
He didn't specify where the email comes from, I thought that it was a list he was subscribed to and he didn't know where to add the IPs.
Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Sergio wrote:
Sarah wrote:
He didn't specify where the email comes from, I thought that it was a list he was subscribed to and he didn't know where to add the IPs.
We have had people ask about emails like this coming from their server, and sometimes they think it is coming from csf. That's why I wanted to clarify it.
Sergio

Post by Sergio »

Me, too :)

Hope I didn't confuse cornish with my post.

Best Regards,

Sergio