CSF Blocking all outbound IPv6 traffic

Wader

CSF Blocking all outbound IPv6 traffic

Post by Wader »

Ive just setup a new server and configured a HE IPv6 tunnel, and all outbound traffic is being blocked by CSF, even though I have all ports allowed on outbound.

Code: Select all

# Allow outgoing TCP ports
TCP6_OUT = "0:65535"

# Allow outgoing UDP ports
# To allow outgoing traceroute add 33434:33523 to this list
UDP6_OUT = "0:65535"
I've added the tunnel server ipv4 address to csf.allow and can ping other ipv6 hosts. However all connections are being blocked and logged in the syslog.

Have I missed something in regards to the tunnel? I have other servers with native ipv6 with the same configs and they are working fine.
WSWD

Re: CSF Blocking all outbound IPv6 traffic

Post by WSWD »

I'm having the exact same problem with the HE tunnel on a few of our servers. Disabling CSF does the trick and everything works fine. Turning it on, opening all the ports, etc., does nothing.

Any means of fixing this?
Nick57

Post by Nick57 »

Any luck on this?
yakatz

Post by yakatz »

I also have this issue. I also tried whitelisting the tunnel endpoint in case proto41 is being blocked, but that does not seem to have any effect.
adamreece-webbox

Post by adamreece-webbox »

I concur, all outgoing traffic appears to be denied in version 9.28 (cPanel) on CentOS 6.

This can be resolved by setting IPV6_SPI to zero, however that may in fact disable a large portion of your intended IPv6 firewall rules.