Mailman Excess Resource Usage

web_hosting4u

Mailman Excess Resource Usage

Post by web_hosting4u »

So I have been searching for two days and I am not coming up with a clear answer to my questions. I have a managed server by another company were I do not receive any excess mailman resource messages and I checked the settings under csf.pignore

I am receiving multiples of these errors hourly:

Time: Fri Aug 27 16:11:53 2021 -0400
Account: mailman
Resource: Process Time
Exceeded: 55985 > 1800 (seconds)
Executable: /usr/bin/python2.7
Command Line: /usr/bin/python2 /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/bin/qrunner --runner=CommandRunner:0:1 -s
PID: 591276 (Parent PID:591272)
Killed: No

My question is this: Should this be ignored? What is the actual issue? As I have noticed as I noted that I have not seen this on a managed server from a provider with CSF, but the server I am now managing has it with CSF and I checked the file and from what I can see, they are set the same, so what are the notices?

Thanks,
CJ
Sergio

Re: Mailman Excess Resource Usage

Post by Sergio »

On your post you wrote:
Command Line: /usr/bin/python2 /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/bin/qrunner --runner=CommandRunner:0:1 -s
You should check PIGNORE. In there look for the following lines that already comes with CSF:

Code: Select all

pcmd:/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/bin/python /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/bin/qrunner.*
pcmd:/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/bin/python /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/bin/mailmanctl.*
pcmd:/usr/bin/python.? /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/bin/qrunner.*
pcmd:/usr/bin/python.? /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/bin/mailmanctl.*
Check if you have those lines in PIGNORE if not you can add them to it.
adeyjones

Post by adeyjones »

Just jumping in here as I am also getting excessive resource usage emails, though for different processes. I totally get why we add to the pignore file, basically to stop receiving the emails, but that doesn't actually solve the issue of a resource being used excessively? All it does it hides the fact from us by not informing us, so should we not be looking in to why these certain processes are creating warnings in the first place?

The last 2 I got were:
Executable: /home/virtfs/swclients/usr/libexec/openssh/sftp-server
Command Line: /usr/libexec/openssh/sftp-server
Sergio

Post by Sergio »

Hi.
I recommend you to read:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2059