Configuring MySQL Data Collection

BallyBasic79

Configuring MySQL Data Collection

Post by BallyBasic79 »

Could someone kindly point me in the direction of more information regarding the MySQL Data Collection feature? It looks like an interesting feature, based on the description in the config, but it doesn't provide much detail and I'm having configuration challenges.
ST_MYSQL =
The following options are for authentication for MySQL data collection. If the password is left blank and the user set to "root" then the procedure will look for authentication data in /root/.my.cnf. Otherwise, you will need to provide a MySQL username and password to collect the data. Any MySQL user account can be used
ST_MYSQL_USER = root
ST_MYSQL_PASS =
ST_MYSQL_HOST = localhost
To protect the root user, I created a new database and user just for this purpose. After receiving connection errors similar to the one below, I switched the config to the root user and password. It did not connect still. The root pw was inserted via copy, preventing typo.

Code: Select all

STATS: Unable to connect to MySQL: [Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)] - You should disable ST_MYSQL and restart lfd if you do not use this feature
I've searched the documentation and this forum for more details on this feature and have found none. I've found little on the net as well which makes me wonder if many uses this feature.

Some specific questions:
• What additional data is recorded?
• To which database.table will it be saved?
• Which database permissions are needed?
• I'm using MariaDB. Are there any specific database requirements or settings?
• Any suggestions for troubleshooting the connection problem?

Thanks!