ConfigServer Security&Firewall WHM/Cpanel plugin not loading - blank page

Margarit Cezar

ConfigServer Security&Firewall WHM/Cpanel plugin not loading - blank page

Post by Margarit Cezar »

Hello,
We have a VPS with Centos 7.6 and Cpanel/WHM installed. We installed CSF and it worked great until some days ago. The interface in WHM doesn't load and it is showing a blank page.
In the error logs we fond the below:

Below you can find the error log from /usr/local/cpanel/logs/error_log:

[2019-03-05 06:54:28 +0200] warn [whostmgrd] The subprocess (/usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/cgi/configserver/csf.cgi) exited with an error: The subprocess ended prematurely because it received the “PIPE” (13) signal. at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Server/Handlers/SubProcess.pm line 251.
Cpanel::Server::Handlers::SubProcess::_report_subprocess_errors(Cpanel::Server::Handlers::SubProcess=HASH(0x1eb2440)) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Server/Handlers/SubProcess.pm line 109
Cpanel::Server::Handlers::SubProcess::handler(Cpanel::Server::Handlers::SubProcess=HASH(0x1eb2440), __CPANEL_HIDDEN__, __CPANEL_HIDDEN__, __CPANEL_HIDDEN__, 28700, __CPANEL_HIDDEN__, GLOB(0x1eae8f8), __CPANEL_HIDDEN__, ...) called at cpsrvd.pl line 7013
cpanel::cpsrvd::cgiHandler(__CPANEL_HIDDEN__, __CPANEL_HIDDEN__, __CPANEL_HIDDEN__, __CPANEL_HIDDEN__) called at cpsrvd.pl line 6444
cpanel::cpsrvd::dodoc_whostmgrd() called at cpsrvd.pl line 1884
cpanel::cpsrvd::dodoc(HASH(0x13bfbf8)) called at cpsrvd.pl line 1572
cpanel::cpsrvd::handle_one_connection(6) called at cpsrvd.pl line 1031
cpanel::cpsrvd::script() called at cpsrvd.pl line 363

This seems to be related to the csf.deny file which has over 600 lines. If I rename the file and use the default one and lets say insert about 200 lines (IP blocks), the CSF plugin in WHM it is accessible. If I go past that number with 10-20 or more IP blocks it stops loading.
I already modified the limit set in csf.config file to 1000 and restarted the firewall but with no positive results.

We need all those IPs blocked from our old csf.deny file to work and the interface in WHM/CPanel to be accessible.

Any input/solution on this would be greatly appreciated.
WebDrafter

Re: ConfigServer Security&Firewall WHM/Cpanel plugin not loading - blank page

Post by WebDrafter »

I am also experiencing this issue. CloudLinux with cPanel / WHM as well. I can't access Mailscanner Frontend at all. Emails are still sending and the log is working as I was able to view it via command line but I'm still getting the following error in tow with the blank screen.

[2019-03-20 08:33:42 -0500] warn [whostmgrd] The subprocess (/usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/cgi/configserver/mailscanner.cgi) exited with an error: The subprocess ended prematurely because it received the “PIPE” (13) signal. at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Server/Handlers/SubProcess.pm line 251

Any help would be appreciated as it's a third party plugin on my server and I cannot get help from WHM. I've tried everything from https://support.configserver.com/en/kno ... at-do-i-do to no avail.
orangerocket

Post by orangerocket »

I too have received this issue and error. I am running on a CENTOS 6.9 with cPanel v80.0.13 .
Hosting with InMotion hosting and the techs came to the same conclusion of too many deny lines causes this bug! Even after increasing the limit and the allocated RAM.

Wish ConfigServer would take a look into this and resolve ASAP!

Thank you!
Sarah

Post by Sarah »

WebDrafter wrote: 21 Mar 2019, 13:24 I am also experiencing this issue. CloudLinux with cPanel / WHM as well. I can't access Mailscanner Frontend at all. Emails are still sending and the log is working as I was able to view it via command line but I'm still getting the following error in tow with the blank screen.

[2019-03-20 08:33:42 -0500] warn [whostmgrd] The subprocess (/usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/cgi/configserver/mailscanner.cgi) exited with an error: The subprocess ended prematurely because it received the “PIPE” (13) signal. at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Server/Handlers/SubProcess.pm line 251
If you are having an issue with a paid plugin like MailScanner Front-End, please log a ticket on the helpdesk for assistance.
https://support.configserver.com/
orangerocket

Post by orangerocket »

@Sarah,

Unfortunately this is not a paid plugin. Regardless of a product being free or not, it still should be repaired and updated since so many in the community use it. Please pass this issue onto the appropriate techs if you can.

Thank you!
ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin »

We are unable to recreate this with a large csf.deny file. If the issue is persistent and you can provide access to the server, then please log a ticket on our helpdesk for this specific issue:
https://www.support.configserver.com

Alternatively, you could modify /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/cgi/configserver/csf.cgi and add a new line under:

Code: Select all

use strict;
add:

Code: Select all

use CGI::Carp qw(fatalsToBrowser);
which may give additional output as to the problem you are seeing.
orangerocket

Post by orangerocket »

Thank you for the reply!

I should also note, this did not happen until after the recent update to csf: v12.12

I will try your suggestions.
orangerocket

Post by orangerocket »

Adding the "use CGI::Carp qw(fatalsToBrowser);" line didnt produce any error output unfortunately.