lfd on host - Excessive resource usage: user

vps_us

lfd on host - Excessive resource usage: user

Post by vps_us »

I recently started receiving email notifications about "Excessive resource usage" by mysqld_safe. I did some forum research and couldn't find the root cause of that. Everyone has suggested to disable the notifications by modifying /etc/caf/csf.pignore file.

At the same time, I have also been receiving email notifications every time I log in via SSH or cPanel / WHM. Does anyone know what's causing that and how to safely fix the problem?

INFO: I am receiving the email notifications at regular intervals of one hour. I don't see any CRON doing that? What is causing mysqld process to fire up and then take so long every hour?
vps_us

Re: lfd on host - Excessive resource usage: user

Post by vps_us »

So I added mysqld process to pignore file (it was already there by csf defaults, I just uncommented it) and then I added my user in the same file.

That did stop messages from lfd but i was still getting email notifications saying the same.

On another note, I received an email notification to update my server software as a kernel update was available and restart it. I did it and everything was back to normal - no more email notifications with mysqld process eating up resources.

Happy Systems :)
Sylvain

Re: lfd on host - Excessive resource usage: user

Post by Sylvain »

Hello,

I activated the PT_USERKILL service on CSF but that relaunch the service Mysql often, which causes problems of functioning on the websites installed on the CPANEL server.

At the file level: /etc/csf/csf.pignore the following lines have been added:
exe / usr / libexec / mysqld
exe / usr / libexec / mysqld_safe
puser mysql

unsuccessfully, could you tell me how to make the Mysql service not restart automatically?