csf stopped working in webmin

edwardsmarkf

csf stopped working in webmin

Post by edwardsmarkf »

hello - my csf page stopped loading in webmin, so i tried entering the following instead:

https://162.###.###.##:10000/csf/

and now i see the following error:

Code: Select all

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property '0' of null
    at csf_init (csf.min.js:6)
    at 162.216.114.36/:282
when i "pretty-print" csf.min.js, the console window displays an error at line 280:

O = $('pre:contains("csf:")').text().match(/((?:(\d+)\.)?(?:(\d+)\.)?(\*|\d+))$/)[0] || "9.xx";
and this has the red underline underneath:

)[0] || "9.xx";
Last edited by edwardsmarkf on 22 Nov 2017, 15:52, edited 1 time in total.
ForumAdmin

Re: csf stopped working in webmin

Post by ForumAdmin »

That is something you'll have to take up with your template author as that is not a csf supplied file.
ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin »

In the meantime, try setting STYLE_CUSTOM = "0" in /etc/csf/csf.conf as that should disable the themes interference with the UI.
edwardsmarkf

Post by edwardsmarkf »

that worked - thank you very much.
plexuz

Post by plexuz »

I am too having this issue on all my machines running Webmin that were upgraded from csf 11.04 to 11.05. I was able to re-create this issue consistently by rolling back and forward between versions 11.05 and 11.04. Prior to v.11.05 there were no problems. Switching style customization off works, but, truly, this is a workaround. Would you please consider looking into the issue and fixing it? Thanks.
ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin »

There is nothing at all that we can do. You need to speak to the theme creator to fix their theme or use our UI by disabling STYLE_CUSTOM.

This is the risk that is run when somebody decides to change our UI which we will modify at any time. We only recommend using our UI for our products to ensure they keep working.
helonaut

Post by helonaut »

If you are using a theme for Webmin (for example Authentic theme), you want to update your theme to the latest version.
Force the latest stable update by going to https://webminurl:webminport/webmin/edit_themes.cgi or clicking on the settings-icon next to your selected theme on the webmin homepage and at the bottom of that page you can choose to force the newest update (pick "stable").

In my case I was on Authentic theme 18.x and was having the issue with CSF not loading. After forcing the update I'm now on 19.03 and everything is working again.

In the change log of Authentic theme I found this line under version 19.02 (November 7):
"Fix to support latest version of ConfigServer Security & Firewall"
Brad1001

CSF config page not loading in Webmin

Post by Brad1001 »

After the automatic update of csf to version 11.05 The current csf module for Webmin is no longer working and the csf configuration page no longer loads.

CSF seems to be still working it is just the configuration page accesses from within the Webmin admin panel that is not displaying .

Tested on several servers all using Debian 9 and Webmin 1860

Kind Regards
Brad
Brad1001

Post by Brad1001 »

Hi
Using the solution " In my case I was on Authentic theme 18.x and was having the issue with CSF not loading. After forcing the update I'm now on 19.03 and everything is working again " - Fixed the issue - Thank you helonaut

Kind Regards
Brad
Brad1001

Post by Brad1001 »

Hi
A word of caution to anyone using @helonaut method of fixing this issue

It seems that Webmin theme 19.02 - still has some issues and I am unable to login straight into Usermin from the Webmin panel after forcing the update