Ports Stop Working After CSF Restart

swiftusa

Ports Stop Working After CSF Restart

Post by swiftusa »

Hello CSF Team :),
At the time of this writing, I am using CSF v10.22

I have installed CSF on my cPanel servers and all of them are up to date with the current version.

Today I was testing and installing docker containers on one of my cPanel servers, and all was working well. The docker container was loading perfectly on http://<MY PUBLIC IP>:45566

I then had to add one of my IP address to the whitelist in CSF. After adding and restarting CSF, the docker containers stopped working. After a full server reboot, the container begins to work automatically. Then to test this, I again restarted the CSF service and again the docker container stopped working.

I also noticed that all outgoing TCP connections from the server also stopped working.

For example I had automated cPanel backups to a remote destination configure through cPanel to connect to port 21 and 22 and remote server cPanel validation failed.

But I was able to connect to FTP and SSH from my broadband connection from home and office. Only connections from the server to the outside world was blocked/crashed. But port 80 was working fine.

I would request the team to check if this is a bug or if you require any additional information from my side to give more clarity on this issue.

Kind Regards,
Sanson
swiftusa

Re: Ports Stop Working After CSF Restart

Post by swiftusa »

After this occurrence,
If I restart the docker service, the container ports starts to work normally.
and for SSH
If I restart the ssh service, the remote backup server on port 22 is connecting and validating through the cPanel backup configuration page.