settings return to defaults after midnight restart

mcastro

settings return to defaults after midnight restart

Post by mcastro »

Hello everyone!

Im having trouble keeping custom configurations in our CSF installation. We are running WHM build 39, and csf v10.09 (just updated)

The problem occurs after this lfd log output:

May 26 00:00:03 hos lfd[421941]: TERM
May 26 00:00:03 hos lfd[421941]: daemon stopped
May 26 00:00:07 hos lfd[681568]: daemon started on <myserver> - csf v10.08 (cPanel)

After that restart, no custom settings remain in csf.conf, and I can confirm this situation by looking at LFD log, because it doesn't filter o block according to our settings (CT, LT, and multiple custom settings), it returns to defaults, so I have to manually restore a profile each morning.

¿Any ideas?

Thank you!
mcastro

Re: settings return to defaults after midnight restart

Post by mcastro »

There is a discrepance between settings done in CSF web UI, and those that are edited in csf.conf. If I change a setting in csf.conf, and then restart by csf -ra, the web UI doesn't reflect those changes, also, if I check lfd.log none of my edited settings are being applied, but those that are present in the UI are effectibly taking actions. (but those aren't useful to me in my current situation)

I've been trying a workaround by dumping a backup profile to /etc/csf/csf.conf and then restarting, but nevertheless it doesn't work. (done by a crontab script)

So every night csf+lfd restarts at around 00:00 - 00:03, and then loads a default configuration. (almost blank settings)

Any help will be appreciated

(non-native english speaker here, please excuse any errors)

ps: already checked file premissions, atributes, owners, no signs of problems there
¿Should I reinstall csf?