[RESOLVED] CSF Recaptcha - ERROR for site owner: Invalid site key

DigitalEssence

[RESOLVED] CSF Recaptcha - ERROR for site owner: Invalid site key

Post by DigitalEssence »

Hi,

I'm struggling to get the recaptcha working on my server and was wondering if anyone could help?

I've disabled Domain Name Validation as mentioned in the docs and the key <div class="g-recaptcha" generated by the page on :8888 is identical to that generated on the Google Recaptcha page. So the site key is correct.

My settings are as follows: https://www.screencast.com/t/WlYWjpzlK

Many thanks. Really looking forward to getting this set up as it's a right pain having to unblock customers who can't set up their email with the correct password.
Last edited by DigitalEssence on 20 Apr 2017, 17:53, edited 1 time in total.
DigitalEssence

Re: CSF Recaptcha - ERROR for site owner: Invalid site key

Post by DigitalEssence »

I'm on a roll here today. I've also fixed this issue.

I deleted the key and created a new one but this time put my server IP address in the domains section and it worked.

And, if anyone else is wanting to test csf and reCAPTCHA. Google provide a test site and secret key you can use:

https://developers.google.com/recaptcha/docs/faq
ausdamo

Re: [RESOLVED] CSF Recaptcha - ERROR for site owner: Invalid site key

Post by ausdamo »

Hi,

We are hitting the same thing but unable to resolve it. Using the Google test keys it works as expected but as soon as we turn off the Domain Name Validation it shows the "ERROR for site owner: Invalid domain for site key" message.

Is this still the method that needs to be used to have it work server wide (any domain)?
ausdamo

Post by ausdamo »

Well I'm confused. After adding some domains, saving it and waiting 30 minutes it still didn't work. Then I turned off "Domain Name Validation" again and saved it all started working.

But now it's something different. Each request fails with "Failed to pass human test. Please try again." In Chrome's console it states a 403 error on unblk?g-......

Do I need to enable GET on this builtin webserver?
ausdamo

Post by ausdamo »

I have managed to get it working on all but one server now. This one server still issues "Failed to pass human test. Please try again."

I can see that all other /home/csf/ directories where it is working contain an unblock.txt. This non-working server does not have this file.

I've checked that the csf user has permission to write to this directory and it does.

Am at a loss what to check for next.
hstraf

Post by hstraf »

Were you able to get this resolved?

I'm seeing the "ERROR for site owner: Invalid site key" message and not able to make this work.