CSF no longer works, get error or blank page

iWebbIt

CSF no longer works, get error or blank page

Post by iWebbIt »

Can not run CSF I either get page error 500 or a completely blank page.

I have found when logged in through SSH, using top, CSF will be running, even though prior to that only iptables was visible as a running process, not csf/lfd. I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times. csf/lfd will run initially but within a half hour to 45 minutes it will be stopped and iptables will be running again.

I have updated system, followed your install steps where the testing process is included, everything shows "OK"

CSF seemed to stop working with in the last ten days.

This may or may not be related. Just in case it is related I have added it here.
When I go into mail manage, select user/account/view emails I get a blank page

any insights are appreciated!

-Kit
postcd

Re: CSF no longer works, get error or blank page

Post by postcd »

Try to disable csf -X
Work on the server to see if it is problem free.
After some days, edit /etc/csf/csf.conf and use testing mode
enable it csf -e
watch /var/log/lfd.log and other server logs when you experience timeouts or such. Also if you want to auto-start lfd if it is not running, try cronjob:
* * * * * if [ "$(ps ax|grep lfd|grep -v grep|wc -l)" == "0" ];then csf -ra;fi 1>/dev/null
iWebbIt

Post by iWebbIt »

postcd, thank you for the info and suggestions.. will do, and will let you know what happens
iWebbIt

Post by iWebbIt »

when I try to start CSF I get:
Error: csf is being restarted, try again in a moment: Resource temporarily unavailable at /usr/sbin/csf line 159.

iptables is running, which seems to be the go to operation when csf becomes unavailable.

-Kit
iWebbIt

Post by iWebbIt »

postcd, Okay, I restarted lfd through the WHM/plug-ins interface and it is running now... I did include the cron job addition so I am watching through top and tail(ing) the log file to make sure no issues arise and compromise cpu and memory usage.

Thanks for the tips, looks like things are improving.

-Kit