VPS issue installing CSF, missing modules

rolinger

VPS issue installing CSF, missing modules

Post by rolinger »

Hello all.

I have a fully dedicated VPS with GoDaddy. The only thing they manage is the physical server the VPS resides on and ensure that my VPS is up...I am 100% responsible for all configurations, maintenance etc. I downloaded CSF and installed it and then ran the ./csftest.pl script to see what its doing, I get the following:
# ./csftest.pl
Testing ip_tables/iptable_filter...OK
Testing ipt_LOG...OK
Testing ipt_multiport/xt_multiport...OK
Testing ipt_REJECT...OK
Testing ipt_state/xt_state...FAILED [FATAL Error: iptables: No chain/target/match by that name.] - Required for csf to function
Testing ipt_limit/xt_limit...OK
Testing ipt_recent...OK
Testing xt_connlimit...FAILED [Error: iptables: No chain/target/match by that name.] - Required for CONNLIMIT feature
Testing ipt_owner/xt_owner...OK
Testing iptable_nat/ipt_REDIRECT...FAILED [Error: FATAL: Module ip_tables not found.] - Required for MESSENGER feature
Testing iptable_nat/ipt_DNAT...FAILED [Error: FATAL: Module ip_tables not found.] - Required for csf.redirect feature

RESULT: csf will not function on this server due to FATAL errors from missing modules [1]
I have read in many locations that I need to get my hosting provider to install the missing modules, however, since I am responsible for the server I believe I should be the one to do that. But I can't find proper docs on how to do this.

when I run: `lsmod` nothing is returned, so it looks like theres still lots of mods i have to install...I just don't know where to get them. Is this something that goes on the physical server (thus I dont have access to do that) or is this something I can install on the VPS myself (CentOS 6 + cPanel) ???
# lsmod
Module Size Used by
[root@ www]#

and

# modprobe ipt_REDIRECT
[root@ csf]# FATAL: Module ipt_REDIRECT not found.
bash: FATAL:: command not found

From cPanel though, it does say the FW is running (I already disabled TEST MODE). But after the restart I am getting alot of messages like this:
ACCEPT tcp opt -- in !lo out * 0.0.0.0/0 -> 0.0.0.0/0 state NEW tcp dpt:2077
iptables: No chain/target/match by that name.
Any help would be appreciated.
iWebbIt

Re: VPS issue installing CSF, missing modules

Post by iWebbIt »

I'm having a similar issue!

Would love feedback on this... :)

-Kit
Sergio

Re: VPS issue installing CSF, missing modules

Post by Sergio »

Your best bet is to pay ConfigServer to do the install in your VPS and they will handle all of this for you, just my 2 cents.