SU Alerts

mickalo

SU Alerts

Post by mickalo »

Hello Chirpy,

would it be possible to add the IP address for SU alerts. I though if I just added the shortcut [ ip ] in the email alert it may put the IP in there, but it doesn't. IE:

Code: Select all

lfd: SU login alert - Successful login from admin to root

Time:    Thu Dec 21 09:09:28 2006
To:      root
IP:      [ip]
as we now disabling direct root logins and it would be handy, when an alert is sent, that the IP is included.

TIA,
Mickalo
chirpy

Post by chirpy »

Hi,

I'll look into it. It'll require a bit of work to identify the IP address as the log record doesn't mention the IP address unfortunately.
mickalo

Post by mickalo »

chirpy wrote:Hi,

I'll look into it. It'll require a bit of work to identify the IP address as the log record doesn't mention the IP address unfortunately.
nothing to get too excited about .... just one of those "nice to have" bits of info :)

Happy Holidays!

Mickalo
chirpy

Post by chirpy »

I've looked into this some more. Looks like it's no possible to reliable tie together the IP address of the original login to the su activation from the information provided in the logs. This one may have to go on the back burner unfortunately.
mickalo

Post by mickalo »

chirpy wrote:I've looked into this some more. Looks like it's no possible to reliable tie together the IP address of the original login to the su activation from the information provided in the logs. This one may have to go on the back burner unfortunately.
No worries :) with very limited access to shell, it's not that big of a deal. Just myself and two associates who have access to the server. But do appreciate the effort in looking into it.

Mickalo