CSF+Webmin+Authentic Theme

Ilia

CSF+Webmin+Authentic Theme

Post by Ilia »

Hi,

It's great that you're moving to Bootstrap and more contemporary design but Authentic Theme in Webmin had a long-time support for it already.

I have put a lot of work to it as you know it (most likely saw it). I would like to ask you to exclude all of the new stuff that is loaded in CSF right now for Authentic Theme.

Webmin returns a global var

Code: Select all

$current_theme
and it's very easy to do (check).

However, I realise that you don't have to do it but we're all would appreciate that. Authentic Theme is now default in Virtualmin and Cloudmin and that would affect a lot of users. I will be able to bring back support (previous design) in the next release of the theme but that will be hardsome task to redo and very trivial for you to tweak.

Regards,
Ilia
Ilia

Re: CSF+Webmin+Authentic Theme

Post by Ilia »

Inspecting the code, providing `csfui.pl` style from CSF <= 9.13 would be the the best for compatibility and hurt no one.
ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin »

We won't be going back from our new product styling as it uses a common code base for all panels. If you can provide us with html that we can place in the output to stop your theme in Webmin from trying to alter our products UI then we can do so.

If you want to change the products UI styling you can do so using the provided HTML hook as explained in the current csf readme.txt file.

If anyone wants to go back to the previous version of csf then a link is provided in the blog release post.
Ilia

Post by Ilia »

Ilia

Post by Ilia »

Alright, thanks.

I will take a look and let you know.
Ilia

Post by Ilia »

As I can understand, there is only one way to style CSF - it is the injection into <head></head> by using `csf.header`?

That would be sufficient, with some additions.

Could you please make sure that the loaded page on the `<body>` tag would have the following data tag information:

1. data-action="index.cgi" (for example, in case it's only and always `index.cgi` then there is no need for this field at all)
2. data-post="csf_denyf" (for example)

Doing it will make me easily access needed pages and style it accordingly.

Adding `csf.footer` could be use full in some cases.

Could you do it in 9.20+?
ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin »

In the next release we will include a csf.footer to inject code before the </body> tag and a data-conf tag in the <body> which will hold the value of the script "action" which describes the action the UI will be taking - essentially the separate pages of the UI.

Edit: We'll also include an option in csf itself to disable customisations in the event of issues with the applied changes.
Ilia

Post by Ilia »

That's great.

I hope it will be enabled by default. I was thinking and I would rather put those data attributes on `<html>` tag itself to make sure that they appear before injected stuff in the header.

Thanks!
ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin »

This has been added in the todays release of v9.22
Ilia

Post by Ilia »

Perfect, thanks! I will take a look when I continue development on the theme.

Keep up with amazing work! <3