No Logging

mickalo

No Logging

Post by mickalo »

Hi Chirpy,

like to see an option that would allow to turn off any logging from IP's listed in the ignore file or allow file. As I probably log into our server over a 100 times a day and I have an associate the logs into the server on a regular basics. I have both these IP's, which are static IP's. and they tend to load up the log file quiet abit.

So it would be handy to have an option to turn off logging from these types of IP's

Thx's
Mickalo
Marie

Post by Marie »

Just add your IPs to the Ignore IPs list, this will do the trick :)
mickalo

Post by mickalo »

Marie wrote:Just add your IPs to the Ignore IPs list, this will do the trick :)
I assume you mean the "csf.ignore" file. tried that long time ago, it still logs the IP, but notes IP login ignored. ... maybe a bug in the system tho. :)

Example from log:

Code: Select all

Fri Dec 15 08:13:46 2006 lfd: *SSH login* from 74.33.128.144 into the root account using password authentication - ignored
that is my IP and it's in the allow and ignore files.

Mickalo
chirpy

Post by chirpy »

There's no way to suppress that from lfd.log. It's there as an informational record.
mickalo

Post by mickalo »

chirpy wrote:There's no way to suppress that from lfd.log. It's there as an informational record.
No worries :) just it tends to really clog up the log file with alot of uneccessary info :)

Thx's
Mickalo
Serversphere

Post by Serversphere »

mickalo wrote:I probably log into our server over a 100 times a day ...
I admin a couple servers where I would do the same thing, but I just leave a connection open constantly. Why not open one in the morning and leave it connected all day? :)