Abilty to disable prosess tracking mail notifications

mitya3003

Abilty to disable prosess tracking mail notifications

Post by mitya3003 »

Abilty to disable prosess tracking mail notifications will be very useful..
chirpy

Post by chirpy »

The whole point of process tracking is to send an email alert and since we never recommend using to kill processes such a feature would be moot.
JulesR

Post by JulesR »

In some situations I think it'd be very useful, Chirpy.

Our CSF/LFD process ignore is quite customised, and we've got it down now to a point where we have process killing on because we know what should and shouldn't be killed. Granted, this has taken us quite some time to "perfect" for our needs, but it works brilliantly for us. One side effect however is that we generate a *lot* of those e-mails (across multiple servers) and most of the time it's down to really trivial tasks (crond, etc) that we don't need to read about.

I completely agree that investigating the issue would be priority 1, but sometimes you just can't change the users behaviour and it's nothing to worry about ;) If the option was toggleable (should take you very little time) it'd be fantastic.

What would be even better would be the option to either send a mail (as it is now), do nothing (silently discard), or invoke a particular script (user set perhaps) with parameters so that we could take this output/notification and integrate them into our own systems. That way we could notify users of their own problem processes and they could remedy as necessary. What do you think about that?
chirpy

Post by chirpy »

OK, i'll look at adding an option to disable the alerts for it.