Class C LF_NetBlock not working as expected

This forum is only for reproducible bugs with csf and lfd (i.e. not iptables problems, lack of understanding how to use a feature, etc). Posts must be accompanied with full technical details of the problem and how it can be recreated. Any posts not adhering to this, or not considered bugs, will be moved to the General Discussion (csf) forum.
Tearabite

Class C LF_NetBlock not working as expected

Post by Tearabite »

Recently I enabled LF_Netblock for Class C and NetBLock Count=2 after seeing many scrapers/bots coming from the same networks. I also enabled notifications.

After restarting CSF/LFD I got my first notification (as expected) in minutes.. Then, it went silent, not blocking any other Class C's even though in the logs I could see many hits that should have triggered a NetBlock.

I disabled the option and re-enabled it, and the exact same thing happened again. Got the first notice and Netblock within minutes, then no more after that even though I can see activity in the logs that should have triggered more Netblocks.

So it seems that LF_Netblock works only once, then never again. Is this a bug or am I missing something?
ForumAdmin

Re: Class C LF_NetBlock not working as expected

Post by ForumAdmin »

This is indeed a bug which we will fix in the next release. Thank you for reporting it.
ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin »

This should be fix in v8.22 which we have just released:
http://blog.configserver.com
Tearabite

Post by Tearabite »

Just saw the fix in the readme for 8.22 . thank you for the awesomely fast fix.