Debug sanity check warning

This forum is only for reproducible bugs with csf and lfd (i.e. not iptables problems, lack of understanding how to use a feature, etc). Posts must be accompanied with full technical details of the problem and how it can be recreated. Any posts not adhering to this, or not considered bugs, will be moved to the General Discussion (csf) forum.
MaraBlue

Debug sanity check warning

Post by MaraBlue »

I just upgraded to v7.55, and changed a couple of settings based on what the changelog listed as being changed on new installs, but nothing to do with any debug settings. After saving the settings through the cPanel/WHM UI, I see this "warning":

Code: Select all

WARNING: DEBUG sanity check. DEBUG = "0". Recommended range: 0 (Default: 0)
If my setting is already in the "recommended range", then why am I getting a warning? If this sanity check notice is meant to be there, I'd suggest changing the wording from "warning", as that typically means there's something wrong.
PH-Quentin

Re: Debug sanity check warning

Post by PH-Quentin »

Hi everybody,

We have the same WARNING message on every install, can you have advice for don't have it ?

Best regards.
Quentin
ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin »

If you cannot wait for a fix you can remove the DEBUG line from /usr/local/csf/lib/restricted.txt and the warning should go away.
PH-Quentin

Post by PH-Quentin »

Hi ForumAdmin,

Thanks for your quick reply, it's really good to hear it's a little bug and it's will be fixed in next version. We will wait for this :-)

Best regards.
MaraBlue

Post by MaraBlue »

Thank you for the reply, it's good to know the warning isn't valid, I was afraid I might be missing something. :)
ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin »

csf v7.56 should fix this issue:
http://blog.configserver.com/