php.ini location

This forum is only for reproducible bugs with csf and lfd (i.e. not iptables problems, lack of understanding how to use a feature, etc). Posts must be accompanied with full technical details of the problem and how it can be recreated. Any posts not adhering to this, or not considered bugs, will be moved to the General Discussion (csf) forum.
Doc

php.ini location

Post by Doc »

First.....Great script. tnx for this fine piece of freeware.

`k when you run a security check it wil check: /usr/local/lib/php.ini for security.

Well i installed Zend so my php.ini is located at /usr/local/Zend/etc/php.ini and the security checks don`t apply to /usr/local/lib/php.ini.

So some people could go editing the wrong php.ini

Correct me if `im wrong :)

Out
chirpy

Post by chirpy »

/usr/local/lib/php.ini should be a symlink to /usr/local/Zend/etc/php.ini if you have installed Zend Optimizer correctly, so it does not matter which file you edit. In fact, it's better to edit it via the /usr/local/lib/php.ini symlink since that's the reference that php is looking at.
Doc

Post by Doc »

`k guess i installed Zend not correctly then :)
chirpy

Post by chirpy »

The simplest way to install it is to use:

/scripts/installzendopt
Serra

Post by Serra »

Tried that script, it appears that when you run the script, it uninstalls PHPSuExec as my PHP is now running under Apache instead of CGI.
chirpy

Post by chirpy »

/scripts/installzendopt should have nothing whatsoever to do with phpsuexec - sounds like something else went awry during a apache/php update.
Serra

Post by Serra »

Yea, I'm guessing it did. I ran Update Apache and PHPSuExec was back along with Zend, so it seems to be an easy fix. Odd that it would do that.